Hey, every week you get something new, except for this, the family stays on top all the way into Week 7. This time, it was a brand new way to meet a top the rankings, as Papa and myself tied for top honors. Week 7 sees Tom Brady and company take a break, so I’m going to have to pick another couple receivers in my Top 5, and hopefully my running back 5-some plays better this week. Here goes nothing.
Elite Starters: Guys picked early that I love this week…
1. Peyton Manning – He will do in the 49ers secondary, might be a close game, that would be even better.
2. Adrian Peterson – The Packers shut down AP last time out, I DOUBT that happens again. Not this time.
3. Drew Brees – I think the Falcons secondary is having bad dreams with Drew’s post-game suit haunting them…
4. Steve Slaton– He’s had the fumbles, but he’s still one of the most dynamic guys with the ball. Against Buffalo?
5. Chris Johnson– It was just a week away, the Titans needed a season, but I think Chris comes out beating Jags
Solid Starters: Guys picked in middle rounds that should outplay their ranking/draft position this week…
1. Kyle Orton – The Ravens might scare the Bronco rush game, but the passing game should flourish.
2. Steve Smith – The Carolina version will have a nice day before his team gets blown out.
3. Marshawn Lynch – I had him here last week, he’s here again seeing Houston in his cross hairs.
4. Steve Smith– The New York version will get his catches against Philly’s D.
5. Brandon Jacobs – I think BJ has his biggest day of the season and tortures Eagle defenders.
Sleeper Starters: Guys ranked low, drafted low or not at all, but I still like them this week…
1. Nate Burleson – People are still sleeping on Nate, he’s nasty, the Cowboys will stop the run leaving room to pass.
2. Eddie Royal – Call me nuts, but Baltimore’s secondary allows big plays to good routes.
3. Mike Bell – Bell looked like the best RB in NO last week, this year Sean goes with the hot gun.
4. Donnie Avery – The Rams suck, but this is their chance, and Detroit gives up lots of passing touch downs.
5. Beanie Wells – The guy we call Beanie should find wide open spaces against the Panthers run D, one of the worst.
Sit ‘Em Son: I don’t care where they were drafted, I don’t like these guys starting this week…
1. Julius Jones – don’t get confused and mistake Julius for his brother Thomas.
2. Thomas Jones – speaking of the brother, he’s a much better play than Julius, but still should struggle vs Miami.
3. Roy Williams – Roy might be the 3rd best receiver on his own team, he’s #3 option the passing game. Bench.
4. Matt Hasselbeck – I hope I’m wrong here, but if I were Matt I’d be really worried about the Cowboys D front.
5. LeSean McCoy – He gets the start, but it’s tough to think he’ll put dents in that Giants defensive front.
***Big Bye Week in Week 8: this week don’t play Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, or Titans! Mind the Gap!!!
Week 8 Fantasy Rankings