And I came in last. Yeah, just like that, a last place finish. Nobody looked great in Week 13, not from our lists anyway – but it was a crazy week, a real eye watering nose bleeder. There’s only so much a guy can do. Red Red Ryan pulled a quick one, found out DeAngelo Williams was not going to play around 9 am so he called me and asked if he could change it. Despite my better judgment, I allowed him to make the switch. What can I say, I have a soft spot in my heart for red-bags. On with the show, this is how it went down…
Elite Starters: Guys picked early that I love this week…
1. Chris Johnson– How can you not put this guy atop this list, especially against a hurting Colts D.
2. Reggie Wayne – Reggie had one of his worst fantasy weeks of the year, bummer, 8 fantasy points. F+
3. Peyton Manning – Peyton had 16 despite the good match-up. An early lead had the Colts running. C
4. Ray Rice – I expected a huge day from Ray Ray and the entire Ravens club just crapped out on me. F
5. Tom Brady– Despite playing a terrible 2nd half, Tom had 22 fantasy points. Not too shabby but 10 guys outscored Mr. Brady this week. Hey, at least his wife didn’t bash in his windows. It could be worse. B
Solid Starters: Guys picked in middle rounds that should outplay their ranking/draft position this week…
1. Rashard Mendenhall – Rashard was the 10th rated RB in Week 13, 100 yards and a TD, but a Pitt L. A
2. Ricky Williams – 25 guys finished ahead of Ricky, 9 points for him, but the Dolphins sniped the Pats. C-
3. Miles Austin – Miles continues to be the best receiver in Dallas, his 26 fantasy points made him #10. A
4. Knowshon Moreno –Moreno continued his late season push, finishing as the 4th RB. A
5. Percy Harvin – Percy had 23 fantasy points as he was the 14th receiver in Week 13. He has been great. A
Sleeper Starters: Guys ranked low, drafted low or not at all, but I still like them this week…
1. Jeremy Maclin –I expected more from Maclin, but his 13 points were solid. B-
2. Michael Crabtree – Crabtree finished just out of the top 30 with 12 fantasy points. Not too shabby. B-
3. Jason Avant – I had Avant, but I learned he might be better off as a #3 in this offense. 6 points… D-
4. LeSean McCoy– McCoy had just 5 fantasy points, very unimpressive and disappointing for the rook. F
5. Chris Chambers–He was bound to put up a stinker sooner or later, I was hoping for later, snake-eyes. F
Sit ‘Em Son: I don’t care where they were drafted, I don’t like these guys starting this week…
1. Julius Jones– Only 20 RBs were better than JJ. But he was still gross. 20 carries for 67 yards and 5 catches for -3 yards… That’s good for 11 fantasy points in a PPR league. Gross. B
2. Matthew Stafford– Stafford was 27th amongst QBs, not startable. Freeman was worse though. A-
3. Ben Roethlisberger – Ben had a good day, finished 13th, but the Steel-show lost, to the Raiders. B-
4. Santonio Holmes– Holmes was one of the 8 guys tied for 2nd with 28 fantays points. A big miss here. F
5. Terrell Owens– To was held in check by Revis, hopefully you listened and kept him on the bench. A
***”I think Big Ben and Kurt are A-Okay, but Turner is off my list, and DeAngelo Williams is a guy I would worry about and check twice before starting.” Right I was, right I was… ***
Week 12 Fantasy Rankings
Who did we miss this week? Well, besides everyone, here’s a list of trouts we flopped out on and just neglected to include in any of our Top 5 lists…
QB: We obviously didn’t learn from last week as Tony Romo was #1 this week as well. #2 and #3 were left off the list as well, but who is starting Bruce Gradkowski and Jason Campbell if they get a chance?
RB: Nobody put Jerome Harrison in their Top 5, and he was #1. Joseph Addai was #2, and Brandon Jacobs started to turn it around a little as he was #3.
WR: Devin Thomas snagged the top spot this week, there there were 8 guys tied at #2, 7 points behind the 2nd year Washington Redskin. Devonne Bess, Anquan Boldin, Robert Meachem, Louis Murphy – those were the 4 tied at 2 that didn’t make a Top 5 list.
TE: Jason Witten was left off everyone’s list, but Tony found the big guy against the Giants, he went for 29 fantasy points. Jermichael Finley was #2. Fred Davis and Bo Scaife tied for 5th.
DST: The Broncos finished high on everyone’s list again, 3rd this time. The Packers also made the top 5 this week.