I’m battling a pretty solid eye infection right now, so this Tuesday article is going to be a quick one. Sorry for the abnormally quick and to the point fantasy tidbit here, but it’ll have to do until I can look into the computer screen for 5 seconds without having to close my eyes. Ugh. Below are 7 guys and 3 guys, (10 for Tuesday), that are worth picking up this week and those that aren’t.
1. Steve Breaston: Some may think his 100+ yards receiving a fluke, but I think Breaston could do that kind of damage if Bolding misses some serious time. he’s worth a flier.
2. Lance Moore: With Shockey and Colston out a little while longer, he’s definitely a guy that is going to get looks from Drew Brees.
3. Robert Meachem: I don’t like him as much as the two guys above him, but if you need a receiver he could still be available. He’s especially nice in TD leagues as his few touches usually result in a score.
4. Marc Bulger: His history makes him worth a shot.
5. Mushin Muhammad: If he’s still there, feel free to go get the big guy. The Panthers will have red-zone chances, and he could be a recipient of about 6 Delhomme touchdown passes over the rest of the season, plus he’s a nice option to have beside a speed Steve Smith.
6. Le’Ron McClain: Yep. Here’s why. He’s the best running back in Baltimore. That’s right, if I had one guy to get 5 yards in that backfield, it wouldn’t be self assessed super back McGahee, and it wouldn’t be highly touted 2nd round pick Ray Rice – it’d be Le’Ron. Someone will realize that soon in Baltimore.
7. Bobby Engram or Deion Branch: They could have been looked over thus far – two good receivers in a pass happy offense – hmm….
Three to Let Another Owner Pick Up
1. Mewelde Moore: I don’t think he’s worth it. Not a bad option, but that offensive line is dwindling, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed more in the 3rd down role while Russell and newly (again) signed Davenport get equal touches. All said, not much to get excited about here.
2. Montel Owens: Don’t get crazy, not even a talent like Maurice Jones Drew can get consistent enough touches to be a good fantasy option week in and week out, leave Montel for those truly hopeless owners.
3. Arnaz Battle: His line looks good, 7 for 120 yards, but I doubt he gets close to that any time soon. Bryant comes back next week, and there are lots of young receivers that will touch the ball in SF, and Gore needs more carries too (who knows if Martz will do that though?)
More tomorrow, sorry for the slow start to the week.